[rescue] O/S for 133/150mhz laptops???

Don Y dgy at DakotaCom.Net
Mon Jul 10 16:28:42 CDT 2006

stephen price wrote:
> Asking for opinions for an operating system for some
> older pentium 133 & 150 mhz laptops.  Ram size will
> range from 32mb to 80mb, all have a 6gb hard disk &
> nice TFT active matrix screens.  All have "real"
> stickers for m$98 & could reload that - but would like
> to see about nicer smaller kernel linux distros etc.
>
> Recommendations ??

What do you want to *use* them for?
Also, a lot depends on what I/O's they have
(since they are obviously older machines...)
E.g., support for oddball sound, modem, etc.
could limit your choices...

*Personally*, if I had a "significant number" of
identical (or nearly so) laptops, I'd install
a variety of different OS's just to be able to
treat them as "references" without committing a lot
of floor space to them, etc.