[rescue] O/S for 133/150mhz laptops???

Devin L. Ganger devin at thecabal.org
Tue Jul 11 23:10:02 CDT 2006

On 7/10/06 4:12 PM, "Andrew Weiss" <ajwdsp at cloud9.net> wrote:

> Even though it's not currently supported, I'd rather have NT 4 or not
> at all.  I wouldn't even run 98 when it was current.  There's no
> excuse for the lack of security DOS provides.

Dear Gods, NT4. NT4 still scares me. Trying to secure NT4 still scares me.
Yeah, you could do it, but only by locking things down so tightly that you
couldn't do anything to function on the box. (X-ref the NSA security
guides.)

Windows 2003 may have a lot of bloat, but at least Microsoft is finally
getting serious about building the ability to secure your platform into the
OS. I damn near wept when I first installed SP1 and the Security
Configuration Wizard.

--
Devin L. Ganger <devin at thecabal.org>
Homepage: http://www.thecabal.org/~devin/