[rescue] O/S for 133/150mhz laptops???

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Tue Jul 11 11:09:28 CDT 2006

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 10:49, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> >From: Patrick Finnegan <pat at computer-refuge.org>
> >Date: Mon Jul 10 19:03:40 CDT 2006
> >To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> >Subject: Re: [rescue] O/S for 133/150mhz laptops???
> >
> >On Monday 10 July 2006 16:28, stephen price wrote:
> >> Asking for opinions for an operating system for some
> >> older pentium 133 & 150 mhz laptops.  Ram size will
> >> range from 32mb to 80mb, all have a 6gb hard disk &
> >> nice TFT active matrix screens.  All have "real"
> >> stickers for m$98 & could reload that - but would like
> >> to see about nicer smaller kernel linux distros etc.
> >>
> >> Recommendations ??
> >
> >Sounds like a great system to run Debian on (but then again, I do
> > run it on almost everything that can...)
>
> On an "original' Pentium (not P2, P3, or P4)? Ugh.

I've had it running on a P90-based EISA system so I could use a
digiboard as a console server.  I'm not using that anymore, but I've
installed it, and it runs fine on other slower hardware (SparcStation
5, 68030/68040 macs).  I'm just not sure I'd run X on that, though..

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCAC       ---  http://www.rcac.purdue.edu
The Computer Refuge               ---  http://computer-refuge.org