[rescue] Exx00 class boards and other assorted Sun goodies

Don Y dgy at DakotaCom.Net
Sat Jul 8 18:24:25 CDT 2006

Brock Johnson wrote:
> Don Y wrote:
>> Out of curiosity, what do you get ($$) for scrap?
>> Are these folks reclaiming precious metals or trying
>> to resell boards, etc. (which would give a clue as
>> to the value THEY place on the scrap).
>
> Typically, a 'large' size moving box filled with boards (~40 pounds) is
> worth about $20 bucks from our scrapper. Metal goes at about half of

So, roughly 50c/lb?

But, that's "just boards".  I assume if you scrapped "whole
machines" you would get less per pound (since much of the weight
is "metal"/plastic)?

> market prices. Almost all of the boards we sell to the scrapper are
> certified dead. This clearing here is an exception, we need the floor
> space.

Understood.  I'm just trying to put things in perspective with scrap
prices I see here...

Thanks!
--don