[rescue] Miscellaneous (mostly notebook) RAM FT

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Jul 7 11:18:24 CDT 2006

>From: Dan Duncan <dand at pcisys.net>
>Date: Fri Jul 07 10:48:19 CDT 2006
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Miscellaneous (mostly notebook) RAM FT

>On Thu, 6 Jul 2006, Peter Corlett wrote:
>> While we're at it, I've just upgraded my PowerBook so I've got a
>> couple of 256MB PC2700 SO-DIMMs knocking about spare.
>
>Will these work in a G4 ibook?  (~1.07GHz cpu)
>I also need an airport most extreme maximum very big whatever they
>call it card because apparently the airport card from my G3 ibook
>isn't good enough.

IIRC, Airport Extreme cards are not interchangeable with non-"Extreme" Airport cards - i.e. I can't put an "Extreme" card in my 15" PB G4/550 MHz laptop. If you go to the Apple store web site I think it is quite clear about that.

As for the RAM, Crucial.com indicates your laptop can take up to a 1 Gig PC2700 memory SoDIMM - coupling one of the above pieces of RAM along with your built-in (non-removeable) 256 Meg would allow you to take your iBook to 512 Meg RAM.

Lionel