[rescue] rebuildability

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Fri Jul 7 08:30:10 CDT 2006

One of our PC-only techs did a swap of LCDs among two early [titanium?
aluminum?] PowerBooks, going on instinct -- and a few web sites --
alone.

   He told me that he wouldn't do it again, but it hasn't entirely
scared him off of working on the few Apple laptops on campus. :7)

   So it may depend on your threshold for futzing. Mind you, he had a
certified dead unit he could feel free to cannibalize, and they were
both written off already so there wasn't any pressure to produce.

-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator