[rescue] suitable housing.. was Re: Is it kosher to post Craigslist links here?

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Thu Jul 6 13:56:17 CDT 2006

Thus spake haroldkarl at juno.com:
> there was a missile base for sale (on Ebay) in Washington state that
> would
> have been worthwhile. it was under $500k.. lots of space, no neighbors...
>
> I don't remember if it made it into this forum or not...

Grr...I remember when those damn bases sold for the cost of the property
they were on. :-(

> a warehouse would be nice... a church seems a little weird...

A warehouse would be good but an old apartment building would also be good.

As for the domes in question - here's where I went for info when I found
out about them a few years ago:

http://www.monolithic.com/

A church would also be acceptable to me even though I'm Pagan.  Good
Energy(tm) is Good Energy(tm).  (0)

I think with a church though the biggest problem would be proper
power/heating/cooling.  Old churches in my experience were not meant for
anything but bunches of people.  A lot of work there...

If you can get TLC watch a show called "Rezoned" - they ocassionally have
churches made into houses on there.

Mike Hebel
(0) Though some people tell me things occassionally "hang around" churches
long after they should have gone...
----
"It sticks to your mouth like library paste, has a stronger kick than
toxic waste, there's nothing that you'll ever taste like 307 Ale!" - Tom
Smith - 307 Ale