[rescue] adding a disk to my u2

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Jul 4 06:21:24 CDT 2006

On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 09:52:25AM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
> I'm finally having to retire my 1999-vintage drives because the
> fileserver sounds like a jet engine and I'd like to have more than
> 100MB free in /home, given I've got another half gig of data I need
> to put there.

I'm going to have to replace the 45G 2.5" IDE drive in my "new" (to me,
at least) PowerBook G4 [0], because it sounds like steel ball bearings
in a glass jar.  That is, unless the Hitachi/IBM TravelStar drives from
five years ago were *supposed* to sound like that..

Bill

[0] 15" 667Mhz, GigE.  Replaced my iBook G4 12.1".

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas