[rescue] Is it kosher to post Craigslist links here?

Mon Jul 3 14:31:52 CDT 2006

>> Shrug.  I don't much care what other formats are available, as long
>> as plain text is.
> I do all my documentation in PDF's.  Looks respectable when printed.
> Easy to extract the text as needed.

Actually, rather difficult to extract text from, in my experience.  But
perhaps that's just because I refuse to use closed-source tools like
Acrobat.  (Someday, when my collection of round tuits fills out, I'll
build a PDF picker-apart.  But the PDF doc is something like a thousand
pages - and is, of course, itself a PDF file, leading to an amusing
chicken-and-egg situation.)

>>> Also, does anyone remeber how many DPI is in the eInk displays?
>> Is that the "soft paper" stuff?  That's a nice idea, but until it's
>> cheap enough to build multi-hundred-page books out of, it won't
>> replace paper for me.
> Now *that* would be cool!  200 sheets of OLED's...

OLEDs?  I wouldn't want self-luminant digital paper - or rather, while
it may be an interesting technology, I wouldn't use it as a paper
substitute.  For a paper substitute, I want purely reflective.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca