[rescue] Is it kosher to post Craigslist links here?

Steve Sandau ssandau at gwi.net
Mon Jul 3 12:59:02 CDT 2006

>>BTW, I recently started using Synergy between to Linux machines.  It is
>>really nice.  In some ways it isn't as nice as a dual monitor setup (my
>>laptop won't do it nicely under Linux though), in other ways it is nicer
>>(if firefox starts sucking the life out of the second machine, the first
>>is still just as fast).
>

> Or for dealing with the horror of Outlook on one side and a real *nix
> box on the other.  It's a nice little piece of software.

Yes, that's my situation. I used synergy for a while (and liked it) but
finally settled on rdesktop. IIRC Synergy would even allow copy & paste
between screens, too. I was quite impressed by that.

I'm actually thinking about adding a third head to my work desktop.
Documentation, shell prompts (at 132x48 char) a browser, a few apps in
Citrix, jabber and an rdesktop session or two eats up a fair amount of
screen.

Steve