[rescue] Is it kosher to post Craigslist links here?

Mon Jul 3 11:26:59 CDT 2006

>> If such things were plain text, it might be different, but they are
>> invariably PDFs or something even less [readable...]
> I don't like plain text documentation all that much.

Shrug.  I don't much care what other formats are available, as long as
plain text is.

> For HTML documentation, I prefer to at least have one chapter per
> page, if not the entire document in one page.  Having to constantly
> go through each little sub or subsub section as a seperate page
> irritates me to no end.

Agreed.  When I have to use HTML, having to chase links all the time
irritates me too (beyond having to use HTML at all, that is).

> BTW, 200dpi displays have existed for awhile.  I don't know what it
> will take for them to become affordable.

If they're not reasonably cheap they might as well not exist as far as
my documentation reading preferences go. :-)

> Also, does anyone remeber how many DPI is in the eInk displays?

Is that the "soft paper" stuff?  That's a nice idea, but until it's
cheap enough to build multi-hundred-page books out of, it won't replace
paper for me.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca