[rescue] Is it kosher to post Craigslist links here?

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Mon Jul 3 10:27:56 CDT 2006

On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 11:34:23PM -0400, der Mouse wrote:

> If such things were plain text, it might be different, but they are
> invariably PDFs or something even less amenable to straightforward
> reading, and it is a major strain to try to read such things on a
> display with as coarse a resolution as all computer displays I've seen.
> (There may exist a display with multiple hundreds of DPI of resolution,
> but that's what it would take; I've used about 100dpi, and that doesn't
> cut it.)

I don't like plain text documentation all that much.  My preference is
to have documentation in both html and Pdf format, one for reading on
the screen, the other for printing.  Of course LaTeX or Docbook make
that desire reasonably easy.

For HTML documentation, I prefer to at least have one chapter per page,
if not the entire document in one page.  Having to constantly go through
each little sub or subsub section as a seperate page irritates me to no
end.

BTW, 200dpi displays have existed for awhile.  I don't know what it will
take for them to become affordable.  Also, does anyone remeber how many
DPI is in the eInk displays?

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net