[rescue] question on video cards for U10

Wes Will wwill at siu.edu
Tue Jan 31 12:46:25 CST 2006

>out how to get the existing cards I have laying about to work. Any and
>all suggestions are welcome.

Brian:

Please send the exact make/model of the cards you already have, maybe
somebody can give you more specific info then.  Also, when trying the pci
cards, have you pulled or disabled the other one to force it to default to
something else?  I don't remember, isn't there an OBP command to tell it to
try the other card instead of a built-in?

(It has been all too flippin' long since I've gotten to play with decent
(non Wintel) gear.  My (mis-)managers have basically forbidden me to do
anything of the sort; it's "outside my job scope" and they've threatened to
fire me if I so much as spit wrong.  Matters not that I've been
successfully, constantly, doing the things they now forbid as PART of my
job for the oh, five-plus years PRIOR to the advent of these losers....
They didn't piss in it, so they don't like the flavour.)

--
www