[rescue] looking for SGI system, cheap

Sheldon T. Hall shel at tandem.artell.net
Fri Jan 27 12:17:21 CST 2006

Patrick Giagnocavo 717-201-3366 writes ...
> On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 12:56, fugi wrote:
> > I have an Indy, but it's a bit slow, still sitting around with no
> > HD. if anyone has a better SGI system in or around the austin tx
> > area, let me know. trying to keep it under $200
>
> You be able to easily find either an O2 or at least an
> R10k-based, "Purple" Indigo2 with decent graphics for that price.

I really like my R10K Purple I2 ... it's reasonably fast for most tasks, and
it mostly Just Works.

The primary exception to the "reasonably fast" statement is web browsing;
all the browsers I've tried are excruciatingly slow to load, and have pretty
dismal page-rendering speeds, too.

Other than that, though, it's pretty dam' nice.

-Shel