[rescue] Will work, trade, or even pay, for an E250 keyswitch

Bryan Gurney arb_npx42 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 26 18:32:00 CST 2006

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:22:46 -0500, dsimmons <dsimmons at libx.siu.edu> wrote:

> Bryan:
>
> I would like to find a spare key if it is possible, but I have a
> borrowed one I can use for now, so mostly I just need the switch. Mr.
> Keeney has told me that he may have a switch, and is looking. If he
> doesn't have one, may I contact you off-list later?

I don't have one unfortunately, but I've run into this exact situation
once with a V240; had to borrow the key from an E450 to turn it on.  The
key should be removable from all four positions, so if you're desperate
you could take it out in the "on but locked" position; if it's a server,
it'll be on all the time anyway, and if it's a desktop or a kickaround
machine, you should be able to soft-poweroff the machine and then turn off
the mains.  I don't remember if it will power on if you leave the
keyswitch in on, but try it and see, if you can.

One of the other guys on the list might have a spare one, or know where to
get a spare one.  A Feebay search isn't turning up much, except for one
E250 key for $70 (what?!).