[rescue] sun e5000 soc+ to clariion

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 11:09:03 CST 2006

On 1/23/06, stephen price <sd_price at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I missed that you are not using common hba's but the
> Sun fcal.  Dumb on my part <grin>.
>
> Best I can tell you is that you will not be able to do
> what you want to do.

I see that from certain people's posts and experience... but I see
some people having no problems with that combo. I wonder if it's
something that was broken in sol 9 onward.

In my case, I think there may be something more fundamentally wrong
with my setup tough:

# cfgadm -v -o show_FCP_dev
cfgadm: Configuration administration not supported
# cfgadm -v -o show_SCSI_LUN
cfgadm: Configuration administration not supported
#

Also, I would have expected the SOC+ fcal to show up under cfgadm as
c2,c3 etc... like an HBA does. but I only see c0 with 1 IO board or c0
and c1 with 2 io boards. I removed the original non soc+ board, moved
the soc+ to slot 1, boot -rv etc, etc, but I still only see c0 which
is the scsi on the io w/soc+ board, but nothing else beside:
sysctrl0:slot1                 soc+sbus     connected    configured   ok

Also, I just realised that for fiber, on OBP it is probe-fcal-all and
that probe-scsi-all wont pick up fiber drives (it hangs anyway). This
is probably so obvious to an e3500 owner...

> You will probably need to get a true fiber host bus
> adapter like a jni sbus card to get the clariion to
> talk. I might have one at home - let me dig through
> some old boxes.

I know when it comes to FC, nothing is ever simple...

Francois