[rescue] NeWS

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Fri Jan 20 20:55:08 CST 2006

In article <43D1A029.101 at widomaker.com>,
    Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>  writes:

> Richard wrote:
>
> > To my knowledge once Motif was out, most people didn't bother making
> > toolkits
>
> Actually, Motif probably has more third party toolkits, including a lot
> for support of specialized industries, than any other GUI system in the
> world.

...which is actually proving my point.  People built stuff on *top* of
Motif to complement what they see as gaps in its widget set, not stuff
to compete with or replace it.

...or are you saying that these third party toolkits are Motif
competitors?
             Pilgrimage: Utah's annual demoparty
                <http://pilgrimage.scene.org>