[rescue] info trumps man

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Thu Jan 19 16:52:22 CST 2006

Sandwich Maker wrote:
> " I can still use vi if emacs isn't installed, of course. Mind you, if
> " your predecessor had the same rather bizarre tastes as mine, you'll
> " find that vi was removed and pico put in its place. Now *that* is a
> " sucky editor.
>
> i'm fortunate, i guess, that all i know about that is it's the editor
> of a mailer called pine, which is an acronym standing for 'pine is not
> elm', but i don't know elm or pine either.

Pico, or its gnu clone nano, is actually pretty good as a mail editor
called by, say, mutt, because its default behaviors just work well for
that purpose.  I use it for anything else only as a fallback if xcoral
is unavailable.  My last resort is vi, and it's "last resort only"
because it's so goddamn painful to use.

 Phil Stracchino       phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518