[rescue] new to the list: new E250 owner, just saying hello.

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri Jan 13 07:35:49 CST 2006

Devin L. Ganger <devin at thecabal.org> wrote:
[...]
> That was the last time I ever looked at Linux on SPARC gear. If I
> ever run a non-Solaris OS on Sun kit again, it'll be one of the
> BSDs.

I concur. If you want to run Linux, use x86 or x86-64. For other
architectures, use whatever the box shipped with.

We've got large RAID1 volumes using md on Linux and it works fine.
Well, until the crappy IDE disks give a random nonfatal error which
causes md to mark the disk as bad anyway. Oh, what fun *that* is.

--
I've seen video of some loon hammering a nail into his own testicle. Mind you,
I've had days when that would seem like a reasonable alernative to being a