[rescue] Repairing Sun Exx00 Node Boards

Devin L. Ganger devin at thecabal.org
Thu Jan 12 19:00:14 CST 2006

on 1/12/2006 4:55 PM jwb-tech at picarefy.com wrote:

> I go to this one frequently and feel compelled to say that I've had
> completely different experiences there than Mr. Ganger. Your mileage will
> probably be somewhere in between.

And to be fair, I know plenty of other people who haven't had nearly the
same negative experiences I have had at this Fry's, so I'm more than
willing to concede bad timing or something. (I don't think it's me; I
tend to have better than normal luck at retail shopping, mainly because
I know I have a tendency to be less than even tempered and so I only go
into a shop when I'm ready and able to not be an ass; ah, the joys of
Asperger's.) Heck, most folks I know in this area can't stand the Totem
Lake CompUSA, but I've only had good experiences there.

Part of my disenchantment with Fry's comes from the fact that it's down
in Renton; I'm clear up at the northern end of the Seattle Metro area,
which means I have to navigate pretty much the entirety of 405 in order
to get to Fry's. By the time I'm through Bellevue and the traffic idiocy
surrounding the 405/520 and 405/I-90 interchanges, my capacity for
dealing with anything is pretty much exhausted.

So, YMMV.

--
Devin L. Ganger <devin at thecabal.org>
Homepage: http://www.thecabal.org/~devin/