[rescue] Sparc LX Wanted

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Sun Feb 26 11:18:06 CST 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-26 at 11:36, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
> On Feb 26, 2006, at 11:15 AM, Dan Williams wrote:
>
> > On 26/02/06, Sevan / Venture37 <venture37 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi Guys
> >> Are there any members from the uk who've got a Sparc LX they'd like to
> >> get rid of??
>
> > I have probably got an ipx if you want one, they are slightly faster.
> > But the hard drive will probably be small. I'll see if I can dig one
> > out, most of mine have dead nvram though.
>
> Uh. No. The LX is faster than an IPX.

Guess that depends on what you are doing with it...

The LX is 50Mhz while the IPX is 40MHz... but...

Don't try to run WABI on it... the IPX will do much
better.... the Classic and LX suffered from lack of
cache (it was way to small).

It is quite possible that an IPX with a Weitek PowerUp
might even be faster all around than an LX.

-- Curt