[rescue] Amiga

Cory Bajus cbajus at mts.net
Tue Dec 19 23:07:30 CST 2006

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 10:00:25PM -0600, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> >From: Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
> >Date: 2006/12/19 Tue PM 07:58:05 CST
> >To: rescue at sunhelp.org
> >Subject: [rescue] Amiga
>
> >Anybody happen to have an A2000 or A3000 around they dont need anymore?
> >
> >I'm reading "On The Edge" (www.commodorebook.com) and have a sudden
> >jonesing for AmigaOS.
>
> How is the book? I've ordered it, but don't expect it before Xmas - I ordered it with a PC history book by Stan Veit that is on backorder... Oh, and a Blue Man Group DVD (for the kids ;^)
>
> Hopefully I won't feel the need to expand my collection - I happily ignored Amiga machines when they were current, but I love history of computing books...

I'm interested to hear about this book as well.  I've actually crossed
paths with the author (he's from Winnipeg too).  I traded him a non-
working SuperPET for a C128 with 1571 drive (which currently sits
neglected on a shelf - so many systems, so little time...).  Amigas are
fun though; my A1200 has the honour of an active spot on my desk for
both nostalgia reasons (I grew up with an A500) and because my kids like
it (they're huge fans of Lemmings).

Cory.