[rescue] Ultra 1 newbie q'ns

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Dec 19 21:37:03 CST 2006

>From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>Date: 2006/12/19 Tue PM 07:09:32 CST
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Ultra 1 newbie q'ns

>Tue, 19 Dec 2006 @ 14:40 -0500, Magnus said:
>
>> Ultra 1's are so valueless that you're not going to want to buy one off
>> eBay, as the shipping costs greatly exceed the value of the machine.
>
>Just a data point:
>
>I got my Ultra 1E/170 with 640MB of RAM off eBay for $25, shipping
>included.
>
>eBay, unfortunately, has fallen to the mindless masses, so the deals are
>harder to come by, but they do still happen now and then.

I got half a van full of Sun hardware for $100 off eBay, and the second half of the van for another $100 - it included various Ultra 1, 2, 5, 10, as well as SS/10, 20, and a few SS/5s...

Of course, _all_ the freakin' drives were pulled, but there was a very large amount of RAM spread across the machines...

Lionel