[rescue] A real hoot... does anyone have one of these

John Francini francini at mac.com
Mon Dec 18 22:55:20 CST 2006

It appearts to be the back bulkhead panel to some smallish DEC
machine, probable vintage early 80s.

The panel on the left is a combination CPU self-test state indictor
(the two 7-segment displays), a rotary baud rate controller, and an
RS-232 port (for the console terminal).

The left-center one may be a bulkhead for an external disk -- there
was a flat cable that was used to connect to some MSCP disk drives
that used a connector like that, if I recall correctly.

The two right-hand panels are RS-232 ports, probably intended to
connect to a pair of DZQ11 4-port terminal cards.

The bottom right connector is an AUI (15-pin) Thick Ethernet connector.

The whole bloody system this goes to isn't worth that kind of money,
except as maybe a museum piece.