[rescue] Sun's and hard drive firmware

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Dec 16 01:42:19 CST 2006

Fri, 15 Dec 2006 @ 14:16 -0500, Sandwich Maker said:

> possibility: it may not be formatted for 512B sectors.  weren't they
> doing 520B for some storage arrays?  dunno if sun format can handle
> it but schilling's sformat can.

I have no idea what the drive was used for, but since the seller had 99
of them, it's entirely possible they were used in an array.

I'll use Schilly's tool and see if it can talk to the drive using
raw SCSI addresses, since smartctl and other tools require the OS to
recognize the drive before working.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [Well, I have entered the "metallic years."
Silver in my hair, gold in my teeth, lead in my ass... -- Sheldon Hall in