[rescue] PDP11 adventures (Curtis H. Wilbar Jr.)

John Francini francini at mac.com
Tue Dec 5 14:25:54 CST 2006

No, DDCMP.  A Digital-designed synchronous protocol that ran at bit-
level over sync, async, or parallel facilities.

See <http://telecom.tbi.net/ddcmp.htm> for an overview, or <http://
telecom.tbi.net/ddcmp.txt> for DEC's DDCMP spec.

Originally designed in 1974, it was used as the underlying protocol
for ANF-10 networking between DECsystem-10s and the (usually) PDP-11
front-ends; it was later adopted as the point-to-point protocol over
which DECnet ran.

John