[rescue] Netra t1 105 question

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Aug 29 09:42:40 CDT 2006

>From: Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net>
>Date: 2006/08/29 Tue AM 08:25:32 CDT
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Netra t1 105 question

<snip>

>No joy.
>
>LOM appears to be working fine, but I can't get anything out of the system on power-up - I can flip from console to LOM and back again, but nothing ever appears from the console.
>
>Is there a way to reset this system? If it had a keyboard attached I'd do a "stop-n" and reset the NVRAM (this has saved a few Ultra desktops from the scrapper for me), but without a keyboard attached to the system I am at a loss...

More data points, before I move on to the Ultra 5 and 10s in my rescue - the NET0 and NET1 lights do not turn on when connected to the ports (must the system be up, or do they light up when there is a connection on the port?), and the RAM was "loose" in the sockets.

I removed the "top" 512 Meg mezzanine board, no joy.

Replaced it, still no joy.

If LOM is fine, should I suspect the CPU, PS, MB or other pieces - it honestly "feels" like the underlying system is "dead", but it was presented as a working system to me.

Lionel