[rescue] Netra t1 105 question

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Aug 29 08:25:32 CDT 2006

>From: "Sheldon T. Hall" <shel at tandem.artell.net>
>Date: 2006/08/28 Mon PM 10:36:06 CDT
>To: 'The Rescue List' <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Netra t1 105 question

>Lionel Peterson says ...
>>
>> I'm trying to set up "Hyperterminal" on a Win2K PC to act as
>> console, and with "Hardware" control, I had the behavior I
>> mentioned earlier, butiof set to "Xon/Xoff" the console
>> appeared to act properly (it responded to "#.", but I never
>> saw the system banner after waiting a few minutes), and
>> "None" appears wrong...
>
>I always use _no_ handshaking at all on directly-connected terminals, and I
>haven't had a problem in a long, long time.
>
>It's really unlikely that either end of that connection will overrun a 9600
>bps hookup, so, in theory, handshaking should never actually do anything.
>Hwever, as they say ... "In theory, there's no difference between theory and
>practice, but in practice, there is."
>
>Ditch all the handshaking; at worst, you might drop a character coming to
>the terminal. You certainly can't type fast enough to overrun the host.

No joy.

LOM appears to be working fine, but I can't get anything out of the system on power-up - I can flip from console to LOM and back again, but nothing ever appears from the console.

Is there a way to reset this system? If it had a keyboard attached I'd do a "stop-n" and reset the NVRAM (this has saved a few Ultra desktops from the scrapper for me), but without a keyboard attached to the system I am at a loss...

Thanks in advance,

Lionel