[rescue] Dual headed U10

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 10:17:00 CDT 2006

On 8/19/06, Micah R Ledbetter <vlack-lists at vlack.com> wrote:
> I have heard that iKlear is early replicated with cheapo commodity
> chemicals. Of course, I can never remember which chemicals those are.

It might, but it certainly doesn't smell like anything else I've used,
nor is the texture like other stuff.

> Oh, someone just told me that the one for the casing is just Brasso,
> but that's not quite relevant to this thread.

I've used Brasso alot (ROTC), and I would definitely *not* recommend
it for the AL of the Powerbook, first because of the mess--Brasso is
oily, and then there's the black residue you get when you are
polishing metal, and then there's the texture holding the residue--the
PB would require further cleaning.  Second, the AL is textured, and
Brasso is a polishing compound (albeit a fine one)--I don't really
want to polish off the texture.

On an iBook, I can see Brasso working ok (there's a lot of stuff out
there on Brasso use on iPods), but I'm still not sure I'd use it on
plastic because of the oily mess.  You can get polishing compound
intended specifically for acrylic from Dick Blick art supplies, so I'd
probably go that route.

Another option would be "Bon Ami" a cleaning compound (comes in a can
like comet) that is intended for polishing fine metals and glassware.

=Nadine=