[rescue] Processor choice

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Aug 19 00:31:44 CDT 2006

On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 03:30:19PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Now as a guy in NJ with a stack of Ultra 2 systems, I'd be happy to
> put together something for little $$ (well under three-figures ;^), but
> the advice is solid no matter the source of the system.

I finally gutted-for-parts-and-RAM and tossed out seven of my U2s, because
I didn't/don't have the time to pack and ship them, and nobody local or nearby
wanted them.. I kept two of them though, "just in case".

My main headless "beater box" at work is now a U10/333 with 1G of RAM and
SCSI HD/DVDROM.  It's an LDAP slave replica server, Jumpstart server, Squid
proxy, etc, etc, etc...

Bill

--
Bill Bradford