[rescue] G4 pricing

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Aug 14 19:11:40 CDT 2006

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 06:55:57PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> They had Apple G4s at the Princeton Surplus Sale last week (only a couple, faculty took most of them on Tuesday), but they were going for $41/each, with a keyboard and mouse (if yoou found them in the bins)... They were the big grey/smoked plastic models, similar in design to the blue/white G3s... CPUs were around 400 MHz, RAM was minimal and unsure about HDs - probably minimal as well...

Damn!  Even though I'm trying to not be a packrat, I would have been all
over those, as my mother used to say, "like a buzzard on a shitwagon".

Sigh.  As it is, I'm stuck with a PBG4Ti (an "upgrade" from my iBook G4
12") for at least another year before I can afford a MacBook.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas