[rescue] G4 pricing

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 14 18:55:57 CDT 2006

>From: Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net>
>Date: 2006/08/14 Mon PM 05:52:09 CDT
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] G4 pricing

>Gary wrote:
>> On Aug 14, 2006, at 2:04 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>>
>>> Is $350 a good price for a G4/400 Power Mac, 640MB RAM, two disks
>>> (75GB
>>> and 128GB)?
>>
>> I got the same config (minus the larger hard drive) for $175 about
>> two months ago.  Have you checked out the LEM-SWAP list?
>>
>> http://www.lowendmac.com
>
>Not yet, no.
>
>I'd frankly sooner get rid of a bunch of our vast overstock of beige G3s
>for one or two of something newer.  But that's a problem for after we
>move, at this point.

They had Apple G4s at the Princeton Surplus Sale last week (only a couple, faculty took most of them on Tuesday), but they were going for $41/each, with a keyboard and mouse (if yoou found them in the bins)... They were the big grey/smoked plastic models, similar in design to the blue/white G3s... CPUs were around 400 MHz, RAM was minimal and unsure about HDs - probably minimal as well...

Lionel