[rescue] WTB: Cisco C3524 and C3512

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Aug 8 15:53:18 CDT 2006

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 03:15:31PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> My Replay has a 30 second skip, don't know if new ones still do.

> Seems to me it should be easy to implement in MythTV (or similar) -
> there is an issue when you overshoot (when they squeeze in an extra 15
> second spot, esp. on reruns of older shows)...

I did not spend a lot of time on it, but I think that the commercial
remover looks for totaly black frames or something like it. I think they
are used by automated equipment for stuffing commercials in satellite feeds.

> I would like the ability to trim out commercials off-line, iMovie
> style - run the movie, pick a start and end point, click on "snip" and
> it is gone...

I've not seen it in MythTV, but if I remember correctly it's a two step
process. The first flags the commercials, the second cuts them out,
I think you can do manual flagging.

If you record the files as MP4 as opposed to their fast but totally
incompatable MPEG2 format, you can copy them with mencoder into AVI.
It's pretty fast, it just copies the stream without rencoding it.

> Replays also network quite well (sharing programs between units
> on a network) and there is software available to make a WinPC
> (or other, the software is multi-platform Java code) act as a
> ReplayTV archive (replaypc.sourceforge.net?)

Neat. I have an NDS PVR unit called a YES Max here with no way out....

Geoff.
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838