[rescue] (Offtopic) X-Message-Flag fun for Outlook users

Devin L. Ganger devin at thecabal.org
Wed Aug 2 21:14:09 CDT 2006

On 8/2/06 6:18 PM, "Jonathan C. Patschke" <jp at celestrion.net> wrote:

> As far as actually using it, I haven't used Sun's messaging stuff since
> the SIMS and iPlanet days, but it was Really Good Stuff back then.  I
> will most-likely be rolling out a smallish deployment (30 or so users)
> of the messaging and calendar stuff in the next few weeks and will
> definitely be switching to Sun's LDAP server Really Soon Now.

When I last evaluated it three years ago (Sun One), it seemed like it was
aimed squarely at telcos and other large enterprises -- a LOT of work to get
it all seamlessly working together on a single system for a small
deployment. At that time, the various pieces weren't that well integrated;
you had to create the user in one location, provision for mail in another,
provision for calendar in yet another -- it was maddening.

Pretty solid services though, but I didn't do a lot of examination on the
security front.

--
Devin L. Ganger <devin at thecabal.org>
Devin on Earth: http://blogs.thecabal.org/blogs/devin/