[rescue] (Offtopic) X-Message-Flag fun for Outlook  users

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Aug 1 13:49:43 CDT 2006

Mon, 31 Jul 2006 @ 10:06 -0400, William Enestvedt said:

> Peter Corlett wrote:
> >
> > Because there's a strong correlation between being an illiterate
> > moron that doesn't care about presentation of material, and Outlook
> > usage, with Outlook's defaults encouraging creating hard-to-read
> > messages.
> >

>    Don't be a prick.

How is stating the truth equivalent to being a prick?

He didn't say that *ALL* prople who use Outlook are like this.

Nevertheless, it is 100% true that the correlation is there.

Another example: I can filter aol.com or any Microsoft software from
my Usenet server.

The result is an immediate and drastic improvement in the signal to
noise ratio.

If you are offended by that, well, I don't know what to say.  It doesn't
stop it from being true.

Note: I don't do this because I know a few people these filters would
catch who are worth listening to.  However, it is also a fact that
Usenet is much harder to read without those filters.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["I wish life was not so short. Languages
take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about." - J.