[rescue] LCD monitor diagnosis

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Sun Apr 30 10:14:58 CDT 2006

" From: Don Y <dgy at DakotaCom.Net>
"
" Sandwich Maker wrote:
" > " From: Don Y <dgy at DakotaCom.Net>
" > "
" > " How can you fix things if you don't know what's wrong?
" > " _______________________________________________
" >
" > true.  the brotherhood of doctors [ama] is very shy about releasing
" > bonafide reports of mistakes so that they can be discussed and
" > analyzed, and others can learn from and avoid those mistakes.  and
" > perhaps inept doctors could also be exposed.
"
" I *honestly* don't know how much is "human nature" (people
" not wanting to see their mistakes "highlighted" for all to
" see) and how much is fear of litigation (i.e. the *instruction*
" not to keep any records of these conversations).
"
" I suspect the latter (which is probably A Good Thing... since
" that CAN be changed -- whereas human nature is immutable!)

there's a lot of human nature in it too though.  one of my
great-uncles refused to join the ama when it was formed because he saw
it as a protective society aimed more at the betterment of the image
of medicine rather than the betterment of medicine itself.  helping
doctors defend against malpractice suits which might be justified [the
reputation of medicine at any cost] is what really got his back up.