[rescue] LCD monitor diagnosis

Don Y dgy at DakotaCom.Net
Sun Apr 30 09:37:59 CDT 2006

Sandwich Maker wrote:
> " From: Don Y <dgy at DakotaCom.Net>
> "
> " Sandwich Maker wrote:
> " > " From: Don Y <dgy at DakotaCom.Net>
> " > "
> " > "
> " > "
> " > " []
> " > " impossible (doctors now sue *you* for bringing a suit
> " > " against *them*.  :< )
> " >
> " > my uncle was a research md.  had a woman come to him, explain she'd
> " > []
> " > it didn't help her.  she sued, for several million dollars.
> "
> " Yup.  The system is broken.  There are routine meetings
> " at the local hospital(s) in which doctors describe recent
> " (ahem) "incidents".  No notes are taken.
>
> and no attempt is made to share info between/among hospitals, so that
> all might learn - never mind letting the -public- know...
>
> " How can you fix things if you don't know what's wrong?
> " _______________________________________________
>
> true.  the brotherhood of doctors [ama] is very shy about releasing
> bonafide reports of mistakes so that they can be discussed and
> analyzed, and others can learn from and avoid those mistakes.  and
> perhaps inept doctors could also be exposed.

I *honestly* don't know how much is "human nature" (people
not wanting to see their mistakes "highlighted" for all to
see) and how much is fear of litigation (i.e. the *instruction*
not to keep any records of these conversations).

I suspect the latter (which is probably A Good Thing... since
that CAN be changed -- whereas human nature is immutable!)

Why can XYZ Corp sell a piece of software on a floppy/CD/etc.
and make no warranties as to whether it does ANYTHING that
it claims to do... yet, if I put that same software into a
*device* (appliance), that device must:
- work as advertised
- expose me to litigation from damages
- etc.