[rescue] LCD monitor diagnosis

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Apr 29 08:59:59 CDT 2006

Fri, 28 Apr 2006 @ 13:18 -0500, Wesley Will said:

> >> no actual pain involved.  Makes it hard for those who are truely
> >> suffering.
> >
> > Well, yeah.  Gaming the system is always a bad thing.
>
> Tell me about it.  Campus parking, scarce, somewhat expensive
> (stickers annually, and price goes up every year).  Plenty of
> handicapped spots.  Plenty of (truly) handicapped staff, students,
> faculty using them.  And some gamers. One was a daughter of a police
> chief in a local area town, about as un-handicapped as a young
> gazelle.  Campus parking Gestapo won't tow her off the Handi spots
> because daddy's a cop....  Plenty more examples, and worse.

When I was growing up, I'd go to the grocer with my mother. We had to
pass up a lot of things because we couldn't afford it.

Then a brand-new Cadillac would drive up and a woman would get out wearing
about $250 worth of clothing. She'd fill her buggy with stuff she didn't need,
sometimes two buggies chained together, and pay for it all with food stamps.

It happened all the time... the welfare people lived better than my family,
which didn't qualify for any assistance at all.

In college, I had to work to pay for it.  I was refused assistance over
and over until I finally got an expensive garanteed loan in the last 1-2
years.

Meanwhile kids of the correct race or foreign nationality, with rich parents,
would get their school paid for.

I suppose my life has made me highly suspicious of any kind of assistance,
given how few times I've seen it go to those who need it, and how often I see
it go to those who don't.

If you need a current example, read the reports on where the Hurricane Katrina
relief money was spent.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Tara is grass, and behold how Troy lieth
low--And even the English, perchance their hour will come!"]