[rescue] LCD monitor diagnosis

Don Y dgy at DakotaCom.Net
Fri Apr 28 15:57:10 CDT 2006

Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>> Fri, 28 Apr 2006 @ 06:12 -0400, Phil Stracchino said:
>>> Who says "pain and suffering" is frivolous?  I've been in constant pain
>>> for seven years now, my quality of life has gone to festering shit, and
>>> I don't see anything particularly frivolous about either of those.
>>
>> In your case it isn't.
>>
>> I didn't say eliminate all of them, just apply frivilous lawsuit rules to
>> them. Right now I don't believe they do.
>
> *nod*  Personally, I don't think the US court system has *enough*
> protection against frivolous lawsuits.  All the time I've been in the
> US, I've only ever heard of one woman being declared a vexatious litigant.
>
> I think this over-tolerance of bullshit lawsuits is a large part of the
> problem with the US judicial system.

Unfortunately, most lawsuits are *businesses* tying up the courts,
not the oddball "I burned myself on your TOO HOT coffee" suits
that get so much press.

I have two neighbors who've both suffered big time problems
due to medical mistakes (i.e. confined to a bed for life
at 50 yrs of age, eating through a tube, etc.).  Yet, for
*them* to try to get redress through the courts is near
impossible (doctors now sue *you* for bringing a suit
against *them*.  :< )

Sure would be nice if people just did their *jobs* properly
and mistakes were the exception, and not the rule.  People
with genuine issues end up suffering in the broad brush
reforms brought about to curb the abuses of "free-riders".

Of course, companies, etc. are also to blame for this, to
some extent.  Paying off "victims" to avoid the cost of
litigation just encourages more folks to come forward with
similar "claims".