[rescue] LX chipset, socket 8 adapters, pentium pro... madness ?

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Fri Apr 21 15:41:39 CDT 2006

Quite some time ago, I had this idea I never followed through
on....

get ahold of a couple of slot 1 to socket 8 risers/slockets
get a dual slot 1 LX chipset motherboard
load it up with SDRAM and 2 ppros (1MB cache) or 2 333mhz overdrives

well.. with recent talk about ppros... I started looking, and while
this stuff was not hard to find then... seems it is harder now...

So... anyone have an slot 1 to socket 8 slockets/risers  (which I'd
imagine would be the hardest part to find now) ?

I've read that the BX chipset supported ppro too.. but I'm not confident
of that yet... if it did... that would be even wilder... picture
83mhz FSB with 2.5 multiplier... with either ppro or overdrive chips...

-- Curt