[rescue] LCD monitor diagnosis

Rox rox at sunmuseum.org
Fri Apr 21 09:20:13 CDT 2006

On 21 Apr 2006 at 9:34, Sandwich Maker wrote:

> i guess there's no budget for human-factors engineering in consumer
> products...

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. I worked in
consumer electronics retailing in the early 1970's  (it was called
"Hi-Fi" in those days). It didn't matter how much effort the
manufacturer had clearly put into making products simple and
intuitive, >50% of buyers still couldn't figure out how to use them
without excruciatingly painful (to me) personal tuition.

--
 / Rox /