[rescue] your next Solaris machine ??? (Sol/x86 booting on iMac)

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Mon Apr 17 17:40:53 CDT 2006

Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> Fri, 14 Apr 2006 @ 09:40 -0500, gw said:
[...]
>> Your U.K. EyeTech, Ltd. makes PPC based machines for the AmigaOS4.
> Has anyone tried one of those machines?

Yes. It wouldn't boot when I got it. I tried to get it sorted and eventually
it was evident it wasn't going to work and I sent it back. They then decided
they weren't going to give a full refund. They got *really* quite arsey
about it when I started escalating the bad debt and tried to intimidate me
into backing down. Which just rubbed me up the wrong way and ensured I would
finish what I started.

To cut a long story short, about 2-3 months later, the Eyetech MD and myself
walked out of Bradford County Court, him with face like thunder and me
smirking slightly, with a judgement in my favour.

I cannot recommend dealing with Eyetech nor getting one of those boards.

Besides, a Mac Mini will wipe the floor with an Eyetech system and cost
less. It'll run AmigaOS about as well as the AmigaOne: with UAE to emulate
the legacy m68k systems and a dream that it'll run native one day.

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger abuse at mooli.org.uk for full key