[rescue] your next Solaris machine ??? (Sol/x86 booting on iMac)

Fri Apr 14 22:08:10 CDT 2006

> Other than graphics performance in X, IBM workstations pretty much
> mop the floor with EVERYTHING else.

Well, also excepting source-code openness.  I know I certainly won't
buy one, even second-hand, unless it can run an open-source kernel.
(Yes, some IBM workstations do run open-source OSes.  But some don't.
I don't know which class the ones that started this thread fall into.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca