[rescue] Odd SBUS cards - anyone want?

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Mon Apr 10 02:50:43 CDT 2006

On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 08:49:34PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> I'm curious about how well they run NetBSD's new SMP code. I've not yet been
> able to see NetBSD on SMP, and I was hoping they'd make it more fine-grained
> since 1.x.

Unfortunately SMP is not yet working on 64-bit SPARC systems. Works well on
32-bit SPARC systems, but is still using a big lock rather than the more
fine grained SMP of FreeBSD/Linux/DragonflyBSD/Solaris.

FWIW, I'm very happy with my pair of SM61-powered machines running NetBSD
3.0. If my dual SM81-2 SS20 didn't run so hot, I'd use it more.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://weblogs.turner.org.za/mj/
mj at turner.org.za    | Open Source in WC ZA - http://www.clug.org.za/