[rescue] FS (historical?) PPro 180 or 200, with VRM

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Apr 9 19:54:26 CDT 2006

Sun, 09 Apr 2006 @ 15:13 -0400, Nick B. said:

> Got a link to said list?  I know they had some problems with their raid-5
> chips in the past.

I think there should be archives of all of the FreeBSD and NetBSD
mailing lists that covered discussions about 3ware RAID development.

That's where I read some bitching about 3ware and other cards that are
just broken.

If you don't find it on Google, then the gmane archives should have what
you need.

Of course, reading through driver development discussions might be difficult,
but I figure those guys are going to be more honest about bad hardware than
most other sources.

It's also possible that the NetBSD hardware lists will flag the
non-recommended RAID cards.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Tara is grass, and behold how Troy lieth
low--And even the English, perchance their hour will come!"]