[rescue] A5000, 22x9.1GB, QLogic QLA2100F controller,

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Apr 9 19:42:45 CDT 2006

Sat, 08 Apr 2006 @ 19:39 -0400, laz at moaa.net said:

> No, Spartantech.com has EMC pulls.  But they are decent to work with,
> I purchased a number from them last year, 1 was DOA and 1 would die
> under load, they replaced both with no issue.

> > Huh?
> >
> > They called FC drives SCA?  That would be a crappy thing to do...

> Well, considering SCA stands for "Single Connection Assembely" so far
> as I know, that would technically make FC-AL drives SCA..  But I
> usually see that mistake on Epay when people done understand what they
> really have.

Well, that's mostly my point.

I thought for a moment he meant the industry was calling the various
standards SCA-20, SCA-40 and so on.

It just triggered an "oh no..." in my mind there.

Sometimes ebay ignorance works out though.

I occasionally get awesome deals because people have no idea what they are
selling, and the other geeks didn't notice it.

I think I picked up 4 Fujitsu 18GB UW SCSI drives two years ago for
about $25.

Unfortunately, that was the last good deal I've managed on SCSI drives. I keep
searching for a great deal on new drives but it hasn't been happening.

The price difference has increased if anything, which is unfortunate.

Also, given the reliability of late on Seagate Barracuda ATA and SATA drives,
I would be perfectly happy to have some of the same drives but with a SCSI
interface. 7200rpm is more than enough for a lot of what I do, it's just that
I rather run a UNIX machine than put a frankenserver together.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Tara is grass, and behold how Troy lieth
low--And even the English, perchance their hour will come!"]