[rescue] Odd SBUS cards - anyone want?

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Tue Apr 4 10:49:28 CDT 2006

Joshua Boyd wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 09:05:28PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>>6x336MHz USII, 2G RAM, several SCSI buses, several HME interfaces, full
>>set of peripheral power supplies, full rack of ten 9G Cheetahs.
>
> Sounds nice.
>
> What would power usage look like it you jettisoned the unneeded
> peripherals, went to a smaller number of larger drives, and then used
> only the nescessary amount of PSUs?

With all boards in place, you're supposed to use all PSUs.  In any case,
since I don't have any of the blockouts, removing any PPSU would
probably have a potentially-expensive negative impact on cooling airflow.

I haven't tried running it with only a single disk, and haven't ever
gotten around to trying it with fewer and larger disks because I've
never been able to spare the money for says.  I suspect it's still going
to draw a lot of power, though doubtless not quite as much.