[rescue] Odd SBUS cards - anyone want?

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue Apr 4 10:19:25 CDT 2006

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 09:05:28PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Oh, it would be ..... if I could afford to feed its 8A power consumption
> and dissipate its waste heat.

Oh.  Yikes.  I guess I won't be getting one anytime soon then.  I could
afford the electricity, but I don't have the power available in my
apartment for that.

> >  The 400mhz
> > CPUs are extremely tasty, and the 333s or 336s are pretty nice as well.
> > I bet that if you have enough of them, even the 250s are decent.
>
> 6x336MHz USII, 2G RAM, several SCSI buses, several HME interfaces, full
> set of peripheral power supplies, full rack of ten 9G Cheetahs.

Sounds nice.

What would power usage look like it you jettisoned the unneeded
peripherals, went to a smaller number of larger drives, and then used
only the nescessary amount of PSUs?
--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net