[rescue] Odd SBUS cards - anyone want?

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Mon Apr 3 19:15:27 CDT 2006

Andrew Weiss wrote:
> On Apr 3, 2006, at 7:44 PM, Richard wrote:
>>    "Aaron Finley" <aaronfinley at gmail.com>  writes:
>>>For that matter, I just threw away 3 Ultra 2s. Not worth anything
>>>anymore..
>>
>>Well if everyone did as you two, then SS2s and Ultras might become
>>collectible! :-)
>
> I'd much rather have a good capable VAX than an SS2.
>
> And I'd never throw away a working Ultra anything.

I have a U2 here that I salvaged last year and haven't even gotten
around to putting into service yet, though I fully intend to.  Dual
400MHz USIIs, 2G of RAM ... that's far too nice a machine to throw out.

On the other hand, at this point I consider it unlikely I'll ever find a
practical use for my E3000, except maybe to max its RAM and put it out
on indefinite loan to Freenode as a node server.