[rescue] ham gear

Skeezics Boondoggle skeezics at q7.com
Tue Nov 29 00:17:24 CST 2005

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005, Doug McLaren wrote:

> Works on the other tests too.  The morse code test is harder (at least
> it was for me) but like Geoff, Code Quick worked for me where other
> things didn't.  Or just wait -- the morse code requirement will probably
> be gone within a year or two.  (The FCC is already considering it, but
> they're slow.)

This is very disturbing, far more than a few trapped sailors with Palm
Pilots.  Crucially:  NOW how will we coordinate the air attack against the
alien invaders?  They've already been tipped off about the security hole
in their NiftyGreenSheilds(tm)[1]...

-- Chris

[1] See CERT CA-96.13 at
	http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~susan/sf/films/id4vir.htm